Bake the 12 pound Smithfield spiral ham in a preheated oven at 275°F for 12-14 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.
So let us examine the request more closely
Bake the 12 pound Smithfield spiral ham in a preheated oven at 275°F for 12-14 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. It’s important not to overcook the ham, as it can become dry and tough. Before placing the ham in the oven, remove any packaging materials and place it cut-side down in a roasting pan. To keep the ham moist, you can baste it occasionally with its natural juices or a glaze of your choice.
As Julia Child once said, “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” While a ham may not be a steak, it’s certainly a delicious main course for any occasion. Here are some interesting facts about ham:
- Ham has been a popular food item for centuries, with evidence of its consumption dating back to ancient civilizations like the Greeks and Romans.
- The term “ham” refers to the cured hind leg of a pig, while the front leg is called a “pork shoulder.” There are many different types of ham, including country ham, prosciutto, and Black Forest ham.
- Spiral ham is a popular choice because it’s precooked and pre-sliced, making it quick and easy to prepare.
- The Smithfield brand of ham is known for its quality and flavor. The company was founded in 1936 in Smithfield, Virginia, and has since become a leading producer of pork products in the United States.
- Whether you’re baking a ham for Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, it’s important to follow food safety guidelines to prevent foodborne illness. Always wash your hands before handling food, and use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the ham reaches at least 140°F.
Here is a table to summarize the cooking time for a 12 pound Smithfield spiral ham:
|Oven Temperature||Cooking Time||Internal Temperature|
|275°F||2 hours 24 mins – 2 hours 48 mins||140°F|
This video contains the answer to your query
The video showcases the process of cooking a Smithfield spiral glazed ham, emphasizing that it is an easy and simple task. The ham comes with a glaze packet and instructions, and requires a throwaway pan, spray, and aluminum foil. The reviewer provides a positive review of the ham, stating that it was a tender, juicy, and uncomplicated dish, with only five minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of bake time per pound. The video ends with a call to action to subscribe and a thank you to viewers for their support.
Here are some other answers to your question
Preheat oven to 325˚F. Remove all packaging materials and place ham on wire rack in shallow roasting pan, flat side down. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for approximately 14-16 minutes per pound, until it reaches an internal temperature of 120°F.
These topics will undoubtedly pique your attention
Cooking Temperature and Time: If the ham is a half ham weighing five to seven pounds, it should heat at 325°F for 22-25 minutes per pound. If it is a whole ham weighing between 10 to 14 pounds, heat the ham at 325°F for 18-20 minutes per pound. The internal temperature should be 140°F.